Make your own crêpe!
Here comes La Chandeleur!
Crêpes shouldn’t be missed in this festival. Craving for crêpes? Let’s make them at home with this simple recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fresh fruit, for serving
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Then create a well with flour and add the eggs. Gradually pour in milk, whisking to combine after each addition. Let batter stand at room temperature until slightly bubbly on top, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. About 1/4 cup at a time, drop batter evenly onto pan, swirling it to evenly coat.
- Cook 2 minutes, then flip and cook 1 minute more. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve crêpes warm with fresh fruit and powdered sugar.
Want to make your crêpe more advanced?
Here is one of the best cooking classes of crêpes in town – ABC Cooking Studio. ABC Cooking Studio offers cooking, bread, cake, washoku and wagashi lessons for all ages, gender, and skill levels that allow you to experience the joys of cooking in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
You could make Chocolate Banana Mille Crêpe in April, August or December, to share your handmade crêpe with your friends and family. Today, use the code: FCCIHKmem to enjoy the fully waived membership fee (valued at HK$800) with any regular course purchase at ABC Cooking Studio. Offer valid till 31/12/2021. Cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers.