L’ÉCOLE – History and Gemstone Course
Where and how do crystals form? What are the different varieties of gems? What are their stories? Immerse yourself into the domain of gemstones and the very essence of jewelry history! Decipher their mysteries, learn to appreciate them and to discover how jewelry has evolved through the ages, its uses, and its symbolism.
L’ÉCOLE offers 5 different courses on gemstones and jewelry history:
- Discover the Gemstones – discover the origins of gemstones, their great variety and the different techniques used to extract and collect them
- Recognize the Gemstones – learn to distinguish a group of different gemstones, which can seem very similar to the uninitiated
- Art Nouveau Jewelry – decipher and interpret the style of a transformative period, the “Belle Époque”
- Amulets and Precious Symbols – discover the powers which stones have been believed to harbor and their meanings, as well as superstitions attached to animals and planets
- Gold and Jewelry, from Antiquity to the Renaissance Princes – discover how jewelry has evolved through the ages, its uses, and its symbolism
Each course is offered at L’ÉCOLE in Hong Kong twice a month in English. Simultaneous Cantonese/Mandarin interpretation device is available. Each section would have 2 instructors and up to 12 participants, the price would be from 2,000 hkd/pp.