• en
  • zh

G.H. MUMM CHAMPAGNE

DISCOVER

G.H. MUMM CHAMPAGNE

 

Mumm is part of Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët, the prestigious cognac and champagne business of Pernod Ricard, world’s co-leader in Spirits & Wines. With its distinguished heritage dating back to 1827, Mumm is the leading international champagne House in France and third worldwide. Mumm Cordon Rouge, instantly recognizable by its red sash —a symbol of excellence— is the perfect embodiment of the spirit of the House. This distinctive spirit is expressed in the freshness and intensity of the Mumm style, which successive generations of cellar masters have successfully nurtured and handed down.

Mumm Champagne has been celebrating victories since its 1827 inception. It has become a symbol for not only excellence, but also innovation, and the avant-garde.  Mumm is constantly striving to push boundaries and encourage innovation. Globally, Mumm, along with their CEO Usain Bolt, has supported Formula e, the high intensity city-centred races that are leading the charge for R&D in the electric car space. In Hong Kong, Mumm has collaborated with Art Central to usher in Art Week with the MEDIA X MUMM Harbour Party, the week’s only high-energy celebration, which has quickly become the most coveted invite in town. Recently, the House continues to assert itself as the embodiment of great victories with the launch the Stellar Program, which introduces the first champagne bottle designed specifically for space travel: Mumm Grand Cordon Stellar.

 

Maison Mumm has nearly 218 hectares of vineyards rated at 98% on the champagne quality scale. These are mainly sited in the eight most renowned Grands Crus in Champagne: Aÿ, Bouzy, Ambonnay, Verzy, Verzenay, Avize, Cramant and Mailly-Champagne. These holdings cover 25% of Mumm’s production needs. The remaining 75% comes from independent growers with whom the company has developed strong ties. This combination of its own vineyards and external supply enables the Maison Mumm to maintain a consistent style and continue its philosophy of close scrutiny over grape quality. At Mumm, the Cellar Master can call on raw materials of the very best quality from a range of sources.

 

In 1870, Maison Mumm built its own research laboratory to further its understanding of bottle fermentation. Since then, the company has constantly developed its expertise in order to offer champagnes of consistently high quality. “Only the best” was Georges Hermann de Mumm’s maxim. To this end, the Maison Mumm has been working with national scientific research bodies such as the INRA and CNRS, as well as Météo France, to develop new procedures, many protected by patents. Mumm’s researchers investigate the importance of the terroir to champagne production, combating adverse weather conditions, and improving fruit quality, among other subjects, in their constant quest for excellence. The Maison Mumm has also achieved ISO 9001 certification for its quality management systems.

 

PLEASE ENJOY MUMM RESPONSIBLY

Share

Follow us on Instagram